Image Alt

Building

History

Originally the buildings at Corte dei Colori were given by noble landowners to workers and every courtyard housed an entire family, with rooms for sleeping and eating, small stables for animals and attics where they dried and kept the food for the year. Village records tell us that Corte dei Colori was once a small convent of the Basilian Fathers with a chapel and church where mass was held. To this day there is still an ancient stone above the entrance, showing their characteristic cross and the date of 1758.

Restructuring

In 2014 these ancient courtyards and houses were carefully restored to respect the integrity of the structure, restoring the beautiful star and barrel stone ceilings, rebuilding outside stairs and beautiful terraces using only the original stones and materials.

Structure

The property has two entrances: one from the main street for pedestrians, a few steps from the square and the second at the back which is a driveway leading to a private enclosed parking area which is connected to the garden and pool. A laundry room with washer, dryer, iron and ironing board is at guests’ disposal. The eight apartments, which can accommodate two to six people, are completely independent, have separate entrances and access to the inner courtyard, garden area, swimming pool and parking.